Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Loss - A Valentine's Day Ball

Well what better way not to celebrate Valentine’s Day than at London’s most miserable night, Loss, hosted as always by the Last Tuesday Society. It was all a bit of blur really, and still is. I remember there was a great cheeseboard, a fantastic chap called the Autocrat of the Breakfast Table who sang traditional Japanese folk songs, I know I found a business card in my pocket the next day from somebody I couldn’t remember describing himself as an Aesthetician, there was somebody who thought he was Bogart and kept telling me he had to go back to work, there was a gorgeous string trio in burlesque costume and legs right up to their fiddles, there was a very nice chap called Orlando who sang a song about the North End Road with his fine and very intense looking band, a seminar on broken hearts, oh and the lovely Broken Hearts and the fantastic Alan Weekes Quartet, and some bloke in a kissing booth who just could not stop snogging the girls. I dunno that’s about all I can remember. But it doesn’t account for 6 hours does it? Here are the photos…




self portrait with peacock feather and urinals






Persephone, masked











the Autocrat of the Breakfast Table





the Broken Hearts












dolls and coffins





No comments: